Dry Curry Chicken – Rendang AyamIf you can make curry chicken, then it won’t be any problem for you to cook this dish, Dry Curry Chicken. The method used to make this dish is almost same as the method used to cook Curry Chicken with Potato. However, both give different sensation.
Of course, the later brings stronger taste as it has been cooked for longer time and has absorbed all the coconut milk. Also not forget, the later used less ingredient too!
600g Chicken, cut into pieces
200 ml thick coconut milk
500ml thin coconut milk
3 nos red shallot, shredded
1/2 inch ginger, shredded
50g curry powder
20g chili powder
handful of curry leaves
1 stalk lemon grass, crushed
salt to taste
1) Mix the curry powder and chili powder with 3 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
2) Pour thick coconut milk in a pot, add in shredded red shallot, ginger, crushed lemongrass and the curry leaves. Cook over for low heat and stirring constantly for 10 minutes or till boiling.
3) Add in curry powder mixture and stir well. Add in the chicken pieces and stir fry for a while till the chicken are covered by curry mixture.
4) Pour in thin coconut milk and bring to a boil. Covered. Simmer over low heat until the curry gravy is thick or almost dry.
5) Lastly, add in enough salt. Serve well with steamed rice.